Tuesday, November 15, 2011

He stole my heart...so I'm taking his last name

"And i remember, taking you back to right where I first met you,
You were so surprised
There were people around, but I didn't care
Got down on one knee right there."

On 11/11/11 at 11:11am, I became an engaged lady. 
Josh took me to our boardwalk. We claim it as our own because it is where we met to go on our first date. It is also where we saw each other for the first time after his two year mission. We started the day with breakfast at I-HOP. We both love breakfast food. During breakfast, Josh hands me a cute cupcake key chain. If you understand how much I love cupcakes, then you will understand how thoughtful this gift was. I love the little random presents he gives me. After breakfast we walked hand in hand all along the boardwalk. We explored every inch of it...and found a carousel. We were the only ones there so we got our pick of carousel animals. We decided on two horses that sat side by side. I wanted to stay on the carousel all day long, but eventually our ride was over. Earlier in the day Josh asked me to write down my 11:11 wish on a piece of paper. The paper was necessary due to the fact that if wishes are said out loud to another person they don't come true. I wrote my wish down and saved it in my pocket. After picture taking, bench cuddling, and lots of laughs; we took a walk by the water. It neared 11:11am so I handed Josh my wish note. My wish was to marry Joshua Miller and be with him for eternity. He then handed me his wish. His wish was to be with me forever. We wished for the same thing. After reading my wish, Josh got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said yes. He picked out the engagement ring all on his own....and I'm in love with it. Most importantly, I'm madly, deeply,truely in love with my fella. 

The entire day was magical. It is my favorite day so far. More details on the rest of our engagement day coming in upcoming posts. 





2 comments:

  1. I've Just read this, this is the CUTEST story ever, same wishes!!!!! arrghghhhhh congrats it's official!!

    ReplyDelete