Friday, January 6, 2012

The small things...

Planning a wedding, looking for jobs and apartments,planning futures....well all that can drive a girl insane.

 This morning as I readied myself for work at 5:15am, I had a vision pop into my mind of my future family. I was sitting in my two sweet girl's room readying them for bed. They asked me how I knew their daddy was my person...how I knew he was the one for me. I told them of how I didn't know it just one moment. On our first date I knew he was going to be my best friend forever....as we wrote on his mission I knew he would always have my heart...and as soon as I saw him after two years, I knew I never wanted to be a part from him again. I told them stories and recounted adventures.

At times, it's easy to get caught up in the planning of a wedding. What colors, what decorations, invitations, pictures...just everything. I love moments, like this morning, where I have the chance to remember why I am getting married in the first place. I'm going to be with my fella forever...we are going to make promises to always love one another. That's the why.

So I have come up with a new years resolution. My new years resolution is to remember the important. I want/ need to count my blessings every single day. I resolve to be more thankful for the little things. I resolve to remember that the little things are the big things.

Here's to a beautiful new year!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I needed this! Thank you for the reminder. I was having a pity party tonight, but this helped me see things differently. Thank you :)
    PS) Love that picture. TOO CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete