Some days it's the easiest thing in the world to be sad. Getting to work late, forgetting lunch, sickly car, spilled milk, grumpy. With wedding plans, work, school, tons of driving, apartment searching, and job hunting...It's easy for me to get overwhelmed and ungrateful. Josh and I make an effort to focus on one another's happiness. Most of the time it is easier to remind another to be happy then it is to remind oneself. We serve as constant reminders to each other of how blessed and lucky we both are. So while I am reminded, I thought it would be a good idea to write a happy list. When ever I am sad, lonely, or moody I can revisit this list and remember. Remember how happy I should be.
My Happy List
1. Family. My current family. Josh's family. Our future family together.
2. My handsome fella. I am grateful for his constant understanding, love, and patience.
3. The Temple. There are no words adequate enough to describe the peace and joy that comes from going to the temple. I'm thankful that Josh and I will have the chance to be sealed together for time and all eternity in the Dallas, Texas temple.
4. Nature. The world is beautiful. Nature never ceases to amaze me with its simplicity and magic.
5. Love. Love has the power to change lives. I'm thankful for all those who show me love on a daily basis. I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to love others.
6. An understanding, loving, patient Heavenly Father.
7. Food. Yes...food. Most importantly sweets.
8. Good books. I love books that teach me something about myself or the world.
9. Crafts. I love to create.
10. Adventures. I want to spend my life exploring. I am thankful for the adventures I get to enjoy now.
11. My job. It may not be glamorous and it may be at times boring, but I am so grateful for it.
What are you thankful for?