Wednesday, April 10, 2013

One year down.


This guy. I like him. We celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary this past Saturday (4-6-13). It's hard to believe that an entire year has already gone by. I don't think I have the words to sum up how amazing this first year of marriage has been. Of course, things have never been perfect. We don't have the perfect marriage. (No one does). That is something that I have learned this first year of marriage. Love is a choice that you make every single day. If we want our marriage to be happy and healthy and fun....we have to make the decision to make it that way.

J has surprised me a lot this first year. He has surprised me with how patient, caring and kind he truly can be. Of course I knew those things before we were married, but trust me when I tell you I have been a test of all of these attributes. Like when I'm a grump or emotional or just feeling blah. Somehow he loves me so much that he just finds a way to be more understanding, sweeter, and even more patient. I'm thankful for that. It has helped our marriage in every way.

We have taken road trips, gone on adventures, ate way too much, watched countless movies and silly shows, laughed our butts off, sang off key...everywhere, cooked and baked up a storm, had play arguments, missed each other when away, became park people, and worked hard. We had a good year.

You know how people always say "I love you more than I did when we got married."??? On my wedding day I thought..."No way, how could I love J more than I do today?" Now that it's been a year..I can honestly say that I have CHOSEN to love J more and more each and every day. I have learned more and I have grown more. I am learning each day how to love him more and how to be loved more. It's a process....an eternal one. That's why I'm glad that we have forever together....so we can figure it all out.

xoxo,
Amanda M.

1 comment: