Friday, January 18, 2013

I'll go inside someday

March 2012
 
I always dreamed of the day that I would be able to go to the temple. All temples are so very beautiful and peaceful. The Baton Rouge, Louisiana temple is no exception. What a blessing to have a temple that is only a few hours of driving away. I was nervous to go through the temple for the first time to receive my endowment. It made it easier that I had so many wonderful ladies in my life go with me for the first time. On the three hour drive I was entertained with some hilarious and sweet newlywed stories from the group. I laughed so hard that all some of my nerves went away. Going through the temple for the first time is an experience I will never forget. There was so much peace, new understanding, emotion, and happiness felt that day. My heart swells thinking of my mom holding my hand in that eternally beautiful temple.
 
After the temple I was initiated into the temple club with a trip to Copelands. After every temple trip these ladies go on they always go to the same restaurant to pig out on New Orleans style food. I can't blame them. I ate way too much and of course even got some dessert.
 
The whole gang

Mother and daughter.

I'm glad I'm her daughter forever

The House of the Lord


No comments:

Post a Comment