Monday, February 6, 2012

My buns are on fire

So funny story. This weekend Josh came up to look for a job and an apartment. Since I knew we were trying to avoid eating out, I planned an entire menu for the weekend. I kinda felt like I was a housewife...so I decided to make homemade rolls for Saturday night dinner. Maybe I have never made homemade bread before. So Saturday afternoon I set out on the bread making/baking experience. We don't have a mixer so this little puppy was made all by hand...literally. By the time I mixed, kneaded, punched, and shaped...I was covered in flour as well as my kitchen. However, I was so proud of myself that I didn't much care. I buttered and honeyed and placed my little baby rolls in the oven. As I reached in to check if they were done panic filled my mind. "What if they taste like...crap rolls?" What if they are burnt?" I took them out and sat them on the stove. I stepped back and marveled at how awesome they were. My little babies were beaut....err smoking. I looked for five minutes at how smoke was all around my babies. Were they that hot?!?! Then the light bulb came on....I sat the baby rolls on a burner..that was somehow still on. Genius. I called for Josh to come help me. We got the babies off, but alas..their little bums were black. Josh was a sport and ate them anyway. All we had to do was remove the bums...and they tasted pretty dang good. Moral of the story...Don't set your babies bums on a hot burner. Also I wish I had a picture, but I was too ashamed at the moment to take one.

This weekend Josh and I started to figure a lot of stuff out. We are on the right track to have everything in order for April. Thanks for the prayers....and keep sending them our way. I will let you know how everything works out when it does. Because we have FAITH that it will work out.

xoxox,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment