Thursday, February 28, 2013

One wild and precious life.

“No matter our circumstances, no matter our challenges or trials, there is something in each day to embrace and cherish. There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it.”- Dieter F. Uchtdorf

 
I'm going to be more proactive about counting my blessing.
Sometimes I forget just how blessed I am.
I think we can all forget, especially if we are busy counting other's blessings.
I used to have a journal where I kept a list of all of my blessing.
Reading through that journal makes me feel happiness and content.
I'm going to start a happiness/blessing journal again today.
We have only one wild and precious life...
I am choosing to make the best of every moment from this second out.
Like my momma always said, "Someone always has it worse than you."
So I'm not going to compete with who has it worse anymore. (I feel like that's what I've been doing)
I'm going to compete with myself to see how many blessing I can count each day.
You see, the prize from counting blessings is so much better.
Happiness.
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post. I feel like I need to do some re-evaluating of my own and remember everything I love & cherish in my own life instead of dwelling and thinking about the bad all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this :) That quote is just DIVINE.

    Starting a gratitude journal is definitely up there on my things to do! I love the idea of being able to reflect back and read about it all - the little things aaand the big things that fill us up with happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post. such a great reminder! you are too cute. XO
    welltraveledwife.com

    ReplyDelete