Thursday, February 21, 2013

The real stuff. (What you should read if you are feeling really REAL)

I have hope today. Hope that I will kick away the emotional funky blues that has been following me the past couple of days. The emotional rollercoaster that comes around once a month (you know the one) is messing with my self-concept. It sucks to put it bluntly. I have spent quit a few hours complaining to J about blah blah stuff. He shared some advice with me and I'm going to share it with you. "Amanda, all you ever see of everyone else's life is the good stuff. You see their blogs about happy times and vacations.  You don't see that they have fights with their loved ones, cry over silly things, and get bored just like you." J is pretty darn smart. He was also smart enough to take me out to dinner last night instead of having me attempt to cook under my emotional state. (usually resulting in burnt food)

I spent time at my cousin's townhome yesterday (we are next door neighbors) talking about our troubles and eating different flavors of chips. It helped a lot. Sea-Salted dark chocolate was also involved in this month's recovery process. Oh and let's not forget the very important J cuddles that restored my sense of happy. Today, I'm getting my nails done for good measure.

This post was mainly just to record the normal. My life isn't filled with fun filled adventures every. single. second. I have cry moments and sad days. My husband has to be patient with me....and sometimes I'm just a big baby. So if you ever have one of THOSE days, you can come here and read this post and feel all better. Because the sun doesn't always shine...we don't always capture the perfect pictures of our perfect family....and sometimes that new recipe from pinterest...sucks.

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to read the 'real stuff' sometimes, so I liked this post. Life isn't always exciting and people aren't always happy. So well done for being confident enough to say it! :)

    nicolakirsty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. So relate-able. I, of course, have those days too (more often than I'd like). I've realized that when I have those times, If I look at my own blog or photo albums, then I realize just how good my life really is. To quote a ridiculous movie, (Just Married) "You never see the hard days in a photo album, but those are the ones that get you from one happy snap shot to the next." Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, and I agree that not everyday is a perfect, fun and lovely day. There are days when I feel bored and down too. And..this may be a lil off topic, but ur hair looks great! Beautiful curls :)

    Btw would you like to follow each other? I would love to read more of your posts. They're pretty interesting! Let me know and I'll follow you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. Someone once wrote on their blog, we see everyone else's highlight reel, and compare it with our own behind the scenes. Its so dangerous! Life can be boring, and sucky, but in some ways thats what makes the blog world even more precious, because we document the fun times, and meet other people to help us through the sucky ones, hopefully! And with posts like this, we remember that we`re all just normal people and most of us are thinking "what the HECK can I blog about today?!"

    http://somesnapshots.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete